Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Main Street for sale

Time for another installment of Selling My Childhood. I've actually been on a rampage since the beginning of the year and have nearly finished ridding my house of all my old Lego sets. But I haven't posted them!

These were great in their day, I had vast megalopolises and corporate power beyond measure all wielded by tiny minifigs doing their thing. Although my castle system is long gone (I'll track down photos and post later, hopefully), Main Street, the hub of the Lego empire is next on the auction block. Main Street is where the minifigs go to work hard and play hard. Featured in this photo are an upscale garage (servicing only import vehicles) and a fancy five-star hotel getting the finishing touches from the construction crew. You can also see a cowboy pulling up in his Cadillac (I sure hope he doesn't have any car problems, as that garage will not be there to help him out!), and a popcorn vendor ready to fill young minifigs with salty snacks.

The Legos are almost gone. I posted Main Street, a train set, and a partial construction yard yesterday. All I have left now are spare parts.

No comments:

span.fullpost {display:inline;}